The school bus transportation fee for students in grades 7-12 will continue for the 2018-2019 school year.
Your child’s bus driver will receive a list of students whose payment has been received. The details of the school bus transportation fee are as follows:
- The bus pass fee of $125 is a one-time payment for riding the bus during the 2018- 2019 school year. Students will be able to ride as needed throughout the year. The fee is due by August 21st. The purchase price of a bus pass will remain $125 through December 31st. Those who wish to purchase a pass after December 31st will pay $100. There will be no pro-rating of passes unless a student is new to the district.
- No family will need to purchase more than two bus passes. Families with more than two children in grades 7-12 will only need to purchase two bus passes for the full year. Additional passes will be free of charge.
- Students qualifying for free or reduced lunch receive free transportation.
- Grade 5 and 6 students - There will be no need to order passes for these grades.
- In the case of individual student emergency situations, school administrators will be able to issue emergency passes for students to take the bus home on a very selective basis. There is no fee for emergency passes.
- When school is released early during bad weather or for other emergencies, all students will be allowed to ride the school buses home without cost and would not need a pass.
- School administrators will have a master list of all students who are eligible to ride.
- No cash will be accepted at the Transportation Office or by the bus driver.
- Refunds will only be made for the following reasons: student leaving the district or qualifying for free or reduced lunch. If you have any questions, please contact the Transportation Coordinator, Lisa Joseph at (413) 267-4150 ext. 1103 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Dispatcher, Rebecca Goncalves at ext. 1102 (email: email@example.com)
Save the Date!!!
Transportation Night – August 23th at 6:00 p.m.
Staff on hand to answer your questions and learn about:
- Route Information
- Kindergarten Parent Information
- Kindergarten Safety Training & First Bus Ride
- Bus Change Forms
- Bus Pass Payment Station
Hosted at Quarry Hill Community School
2018 - 2019 Bus Routes
There are no changes to the 2018-2019 bus routes. Please see links below for details:
The Transportation Department would like parents/families to be aware of the law in regard to passing a school transportation vehicle (bus or van) when their red lights are flashing.
Massachusetts General Law Chapter 90, Section 14 prohibits passing a vehicle that has a sign bearing the words “SCHOOL BUS” while their red lights are activated, and it applies to both types of vehicles. It also applies whether the vehicle is on the road or school yards. The law carries specific fines for first and subsequent offenses. The safety of our students is our top priority. We ask that you be aware of the red flashing lights at all times and help us to keep our students safe.
If you have any questions, never hesitate to call the Transportation Office at 413-267-4150 ext. 1102 or 1103.