Girls and Boys Track and Field tryout/practice at GVMS 3/19 M 3/20 T 3/21 W 2:45-4:45. Meet in front of the building. Please dress appropriately and bring water.
Boys Lacrosse tryout/practice at GVMS gym 3/19 M 3/20 T 3/21 W 6-8
Girls Lacrosse tryout/practice at GVMS gym 3/19 M 3/20 T 3/21 W 4:30-6
Softball tryout at MHS gym 3/19 M 3/20 T 3/21 W 5:30-7:30
Baseball tryouts at MHS gym 3/19 M 3/20 T 3/21 W 2:30-4 9th grade to 12th grade 4-5:30 7th and 8th grade (subject to change)
Spring payments are due and can be dropped off on 3/19 from 3:30-4:30 or they can be brought to the Winter Athletic Banquet on 3/26 6-7:30 at GVMS.
If you did not turn in your forms please do by 9AM on Monday. Please contact the nurses office for questions concerning your student athletes physical.
Only the Athletic Director can accept paperwork and Athletic Fees and the paperwork must be completed before participation. Please see Collection dates and times below.
Students are not cleared for participation unless the following are turned in to the Athletic Director:
- Required sign off pages - 8 pages are completed (located below)
- Concussion Certificates - One parent/guardian per family and the student athlete must turn in a certificate of completion for the required concussion video (each person's name should be on each certificate). The video is on www.nfhs.org.
Directions for completing the Concussion Certificate:
- Click on courses
- Search for concussion
- Both the student version and parent, admin, coach version will appear. Click on the appropriate one
- Register/Sign up as required, complete video and quiz print a copy - one for student athlete and one for parent guardian.
NOTE: They are free even if they say you must order
- Physical - updated physical (within the last 13 months) has been turned in.
Required Paperwork and Information
Coach: Tim Dannay
Coach: Cori Pitcher
* Home meets are held at Monson High School
Directions to Monson High School and Monson High School Fields from Route 32
From the North: (you'll be on 32 South), turn right onto Thompson Street. Go all the way to the stop sign at the end (Margaret Street). Turn right, go approximately 1/2 mile, and the High School and fields are on the right.
From the South: (you'll be on 32 North), turn left onto Thompson Street. Go all the way to the stop sign at the end (Margaret Street). Turn right, go approximately 1/2 mile, and the High School and fields are on the right.
Coach: Cam DiRico
* Home matches are played at Quaboag Country Club
From Sturbridge or Springfield:
• Mass Pike to Exit 8
• Right onto Route 32 South
• Approx 4-5 miles - the course is on the right hand side
- From I- 84:
- • I-84 to Exit 70 (Stafford Motor Speedway Exit)
- • North on Route 32 to Monson, MA - the course is 10 miles down on the left